26th Annual Summer Dance Festival
The Louisiana Dance Foundation presents its 26th Annual Summer Dance Festival June 1 – 13 and LehrerDance Project June 15 – 27 at Carol Anglin Dancenter, Pierremont Mall, in Shreveport.
An internationally acclaimed faculty will offer intermediate and advanced level instruction in Ballet, Modern, Jazz, Hip-hop, Break dancing and LehrerDance to dancers ages 9 and older with previous dance training.
Classes are held Monday – Saturday from 9:00 am – 2:00 pm for intermediate level dancers and 2:00 – 8:00 pm for advanced level dancers.
The Summer Dance Festival June 1 – 13 Faculty includes:
- Soili Arvola (Finland/ Houston, TX); Ballet, Pointe, Variations
- Ceyhun Ozsoy (Turkey/ Dallas, TX); Ballet, Pointe, Variations, Character, Pas de Deux
- Gennadi Vostrikov (Russia/ Winchester, VA); Ballet, Pointe, Variations, Character, Pas de Deux
- Ashley Murphy (Dance Theatre of Harlem, NYC/ Shreveport, LA) ; Ballet, Pointe, and Variations.
- Dianne Maroney-Grigsby (Grambling State University); Modern
- Carol Smitherman Anglin (Shreveport); Modern and Jazz
Studio performances free and open to the public, are held on Saturdays at the conclusion of both weeklong workshops, June 6 & 13.
LDF’S national premiere of LehrerDance Project, June 15 – 27, is the only project of its kind in America. Students will receive daily training with Jon Lehrer and members of LehrerDance Company in hip-hop, break dancing and LehrerDance, a modern and jazz dance style created by Jon Lehrer.
All students who attend June 15 – 27 are eligible to perform choreography by Jon Lehrer and will be featured with his company, LehrerDance, at the Strand Theatre, Saturday, June 27th at 7:30 pm.
Additionally, Mr. Lehrer will select 2 dancers to perform with his Buffalo-based professional company during their Strand Theatre performance.
Cost for attending Louisiana Dance Foundation’s Summer Dance Festival and LehrerDance Project is as follows:
- $300.00 per week for Intermediate Level dancers
(9 am – 2 pm, Mondays – Saturdays)
- $350.00 per week for Advanced Level dancers
(2 pm – 8 pm, Mondays – Saturdays)
- $100.00 performance fee for Lehrer Dance Project
Louisiana Dance Foundation is a 501 (c) 3, non-profit organization chartered in the state of Louisiana in 1984. The Foundation’s first Summer Dance Festival was held at the First Methodist Church Downtown Shreveport in 1983. Since its inception, Louisiana Dance Foundation has offered more than 400 dance workshops, festivals, and performances in Shreveport/Bossier.
Celebrating 26 years, the Louisiana Dance Foundation continues its mission in offering professional education and performance opportunities for intermediate-advanced level dancers ages 9 and older. The Summer Dance Festival provides dancers the ultimate artistic experience in a positive learning environment. Dancers and faculty members from 14 different states and countries have attended LDF’S Summer Dance Festival since 1983.
“We are honored that the Louisiana Dance Foundation is recognized for offering one of the most distinguished summer training programs in America. For 26 years we have imported an international roster of world-renowned artists to train Louisiana’s young, emerging artists. From Judith Jamison, Artistic Director of the Alvin Ailey American Dance Theatre, to Hollywood’s Joe Tremaine, to legendary Fosse dancer, Chet Walker, to many ballet greats, the Louisiana Dance Foundation has provided area dancers with unique and outstanding training and performing opportunities,” remarked LDF Founder and Artistic Director, Carol Anglin.
Ages 9-12 with training
Ages 13 & older with training
9:00 am – 2:00 pm
2:00 pm – 8:00 pm
REQUIRED DANCE ATTIRE FOR SUMMER DANCE FESTIVAL:
Girls must have hair securely confined in a bun; no jewelry.
Pink ballet shoes
Pink pointe shoes
White T-shirt Black leotards
Black tights Black tights (footless)
Black ballet shoes Soft jazz shoes
Black tights (footless)
Soft jazz shoes
Character Skirt Loose, comfortable attire
of choice, sneakers (clean)
- A studio performance is held at the conclusion of each workshop – parents & public invited.
- PLEASE NOTE: schedule is subject to change and varies with each workshop.
- Placement in all classes is determined by the faculty/director.
- 2009-2010 Louisiana Dance Theatre members are required to attend the Summer Dance Festival.
- Students should bring snacks/ drinks/ lunch each day to be consumed in the common area of the mall.
- No food, drinks, gum or candy allowed in the dance studio or lobby.
- Summer Dance Festival T-shirts may be ordered at the studio.
Mr. & Mrs. Shelby Guilbert, Dr. James Albright, Carol Anglin Dancenter,
Dr. & Mrs. Carl Goodman, Mr. & Mrs. Steve Stroud